Living Faith Awards
Living (v) faith: the act of living in and through one’s faith
Living (adj.) faith: a dynamic, growing faith, that is not static or stagnant.
The Spirituality Network is pleased to present the Living Faith Awards. As a multifaith organization, the Spirituality Network aspires to be a community of acceptance and inclusion. We seek to create hope, peace, and purpose in our community. We are pleased to honor individuals who create a more hopeful, peaceful, and faithful world.
The awards recognize laypersons who exemplify dynamic faith in action. Recipients are individuals whose faith is both “lived” and “alive” in ways that inspire, challenge, and serve. They embody any or all of the following values:
- Peacemaking…In their own homes, their life work and/or in the community
- Tending to the “least of these”…Visiting the sick or imprisoned, feeding the hungry, giving shelter to the homeless
- Caring for creation…Creating sustainability and good stewardship of God’s creation
- Loving neighbor AND self…Reaching across divisions in our culture and community to honor common ground; caring for oneself in addition to caring for others
In addition to the Living Faith Awards, we present awards in these special categories:
- The Alvin R. Hadley Social Justice Award: This award is given in recognition of exemplary work in the field of social justice. These nominees will have engaged in efforts giving voice to the voiceless, and/or seeking access to basic civil and human rights for all, and/or working toward changing unjust laws and practices.
- The Interfaith/Multicultural Award: This award recognizes an individual of another culture and/or of another faith tradition who exemplifies the best of that tradition and creates bridges of understanding and acceptance.
- Hope for Tomorrow Award: This award will be given to a young adult, aged 18–30, who lives his or her faith through service, leadership, and personal integrity.
2018 Living Faith Awards Recipients
Fred Rieser II
2018 Special Awards
Alvin R. Hadley Social Justice Award: Rev. Dr. Susan K. Smith
The Interfaith/Multicultural Award: Karen Dawson
Hope for Today Award: Patricia Gibboney
Hope for Tomorrow Award: Steve Walker
2017 Living Faith Awards Recipients
front: Rick Delaney, Carol Ann Spencer, OP, Marjorie McFadden, Nimet Alpay, Dick Dawson, Paul M. Herbert; back: Quentin Monden, Weldon Abels, Lamar Graham, Robert Lentz, Beth Stock, Sean Patrick